Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bird's Eye View

I was walking in my neighborhood the other day and ran into one of my buddies. After our initial greeting we continued to walk together when he hit me with:

Weedy: (puff, puff)...so what I'm saying is, have you ever seen a pigeon sitting in a tree?

Me: You know what, I can't say that I have.

Weedy: (puff, puff)... that's because pigeons don't land in trees.

Me: Whateva Weedy, you are making that up! What bird doesn't land in a tree?

Weedy: (puff, puff)... naw that's for real. Think about it and tell me the last time you have seen a pigeon in a tree. Pigeon's will sit on anything man made but not a tree!

Me: Why is that Weedy?

Weedy: (puff, puff)... because they are alien spies!!

Me: (lol) Whateva Weedy, your medicine got you paranoid!

Weedy: Let's think about it for a second. Every time they show any important meeting happening, rather it be on Wall Street, Washington or even Moscow, there are always pigeons around paying attention. They sit on window ledges, telephone poles and lines, roof tops, anywhere to see what's going on. How many dead pigeons have you ever seen?

Me: hummm....I can't think of many right now. Why?

Weedy: (puff, puff)...you never see dead pigeons because they are alien spies!!!! What bird never lands in a tree, can always be found attempting to look in and listen in on meetings and you can never find a dead body around?

Me: I think you have reached your maximum dosage for the day Weedy. Where do you get this stuff from?

Weedy: I was listening to this guy on talk radio and he got my paying attention for the last few weeks and it's true.

Me: You can't listen to everything you hear on talk radio Weedy!

Weedy: (puff, puff)...you just remember where you heard it from first! Pay attention and ask around. You'll soon find out that it's true. Pigeons are alien spies!

Me: Alright Weedy. (lol) I will pay attention and ask around. What you got going for the rest of the day?

Weedy: My office is having an inspection so I have to get some paperwork together for the inspectors.

Me: Cool, good luck with that, I have to get going now, but I will holla at you later!

Weedy: Take it easy and watch out for the pigeons!!!!

Me: Will do Weedy!

So I ask you! Have you ever seen a pigeon land in a tree? Seen a dead pigeon? Seen pigeons spying? Let me know!

No comments: